Connelly Coronado versus Olhausen Huntington

Talk about pool, billiard or snooker tables and related gadgets. How do you install a felt? What's the cool new table accessory? Who makes this table? More questions are answered here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Connelly Coronado versus Olhausen Huntington

Postby JeffB on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:09 pm

I am purchasing a new table. The dealer has a floor model 8' Connelly Coronado. They are still a Connelly dealer, but are not purchasing Connelly's for inventory at this time. The asking price is $3,200, with probably a little room to go down. This is in the Pinnacle line with 1.25" slate and pretty beefy construction. The dealer also carries Olhausen. I am looking at the Huntington 8' model, which is in the Signature line. It has 1' slate and uses Olhausen's uniliner construction. I have been quoted $3,000 on a new order. I currently have an Olhausen Drake, which is a laminate table with 1" slate and accu-fast cushions. That table is staying with a house I have sold. I like the way the Drake plays, and assume the Huntington will be as good or better, being an all hardwood table. I have never played on a Connelly. But I am attracted to the Coronado's 1.25" slate and heavy construction. The Connelly has ICON cushions. Does anyone have experience playing on a Connelly Pinnacle table? Any comparison to how an Olhausen plays? Any opinions in general on these tables? Jeff
JeffB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: Connelly Coronado versus Olhausen Huntington

Postby poolplayer on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:58 pm

I don't think i've played on a Connelly Pinnacle before nor their ICON cushions. The Connelly's cushions I did play on didn't feel good to me. If you liked the Olhausen before, it might be good to stick with them. Connelly went into bankruptcy about a year ago so I don't know how after sale service would be if there's any problems.
http://WWW.EASYPOOLTUTOR.COM

Unleashing the Pinoy in you!

And

Romance on Demand
poolplayer
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Re: Connelly Coronado versus Olhausen Huntington

Postby ronlamb on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Jeff, did you get your pool table. I am wondering because I am shopping right now for a pool table and it's between the Olhausen Augusta or Santa Ana, or the Brunswick Sheldon or Glenwood. The Huntington is of the same family as the two Olhausens I am looking at.

I am leaning towards an Olhausen due to it being manufactured in the U.S., vs the Brunswick which is likely in China. I am not sure how much difference 1" vs 1 1/4" slate would make in a table, other than making it heavier, and therefore more stable. Can anyone comment on this?
ronlamb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to All About Tables