9 ball after the break - What would you do here?

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

9 ball after the break - What would you do here?

Postby cuetable on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:33 am

You just made 4 ball on the break... Do you see any interesting shots or move in this layout?

cuetable
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby JJFSTAR on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:46 pm

This is a toughie with a few answers the most aggressive is trying the 2-9 kick combo with left english trying to leave the 2 up table and holding the CB down table. If I were playing a top player I would do this because the push option up or down table gives any great player too many options.

If I am playing a weaker player I would push up table. A down table push toward the bottom rail is another option if playing against a weaker player most of them will miss that long thin cut by a mile but will usually try it.
JJFSTAR
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Re: 9 ball after the break - What would you do here?

Postby BalabushkaUser on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:07 pm

I think I would rather push in this situation...it is somehow risky to try..but I didnt know where is the best position to push.It has a high chance to try on 9 if the push is inappropriate :smile:
BalabushkaUser
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby shark on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:20 pm

if the 2-9 is a dead straight to the pocket.. I will bank. if not push out at lower end where he would have thin opening at the 2.
placement of the push-out is critical... it's do or die, rest of the balls is rather easy.
shark
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby PoolRoomTees_com on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I would go two rails for a kick on the two ball hitting the two ball short taking it toward the Head of the table near the center - leaving the two ball at the foot hopefully hidden.
PoolRoomTees_com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Skankypie on Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:51 am

I'd go for a push at the far end rail. The 2-9 looks dead on but risky.
tsk tsk tsk....
Skankypie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Driftmaster on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:42 pm

If trying for a kick shot combo cross corner is what you're looking for, it's pretty risky. Going right of the 9 and 2 ball is the only possibility. This is what it'd look like:

Judging by the angle, it might be extremely difficult to do. Going the other way is probably as difficult because you have to hit it very thin to have it hit the 9 correctly. Like this:

Neither looks like a good idea to try.
Driftmaster
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby murcielago on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 am

PoolRoomTees_com wrote:I would go two rails for a kick on the two ball hitting the two ball short taking it toward the Head of the table near the center - leaving the two ball at the foot hopefully hidden.

I agree I think the 2 rail kick is the right shot here. :clap:
murcielago
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader

Postby cedric0811 on Thu May 13, 2010 7:32 am

i think this is the same situation from nick van den berg's match where he push it out.
cedric0811
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Trisha_silvester on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 pm

The website that freely offers comprehensive information about learning and playing pocket billiards. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced pool player, you can find plenty of good instructional here. Lessons are broken into different topics from basic lessons to more advanced topics plus Practice Drills and determining your Skill Rating.
Trisha_silvester
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Return to How would you play this?