Replacing cb with ob

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Replacing cb with ob

Postby Practice8 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:55 pm

What is the best way to replace the cb with the ob. I don't want to stop the cb, I want in the exact spot the ob was.
Alot of times if you just stop the cb, your out of line on the next shot.[/WEI]
I also tried to enter a diagram, but not sure if I saved it.
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby Practice8 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm

If someone can explain how you save the diagram, I'll post it. But the question is pretty straight forward.
I clicked on the wei button, pool table came up, clicked to activate, put balls in position then couldn't figure out what to do next as to saving it to the post.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Replace OB with thr CB

Postby Practice8 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 pm

I just realized I wrote replace the cb with the ob. When I want to replace the ob with the cb.
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby jldnno on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:56 pm

There are a couple ways to replace the object ball with the cue ball on a straight in shot. If the object ball is close to the pocket (within 2.5 foot) it is fairly easy to do by rolling the cue ball with just enough force to bump the OB into the pocket. The cue ball will have just enough roll left to roll onto the spot occupied by the OB. At just slightly longer distance (up to a 1 foot more) you can shoot low and soft on the CB (don't draw it just let it roll) which will kill some of the CB roll but still have sufficient force to bump the OB in and replace it. The other method is to shoot a stop shot with the cue tip very slightly above center which let the cue ball roll just a little depending on high above center the tip hits. Needless to say both methods require a good sense of touch to execute.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 pm

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CREATING POOL TABLE DIAGRAMS USING WEI (CUETABLE) TOOL.

1) click on the WEI button. A new window pops up with the WEI program in it.
2) Draw your table layout in the WEI program

THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE WHAT YOU ARE MISSING

3) Click on the "Export data" button on the WEI program to copy the WEI code into your clipboard.
4) Close the window where the WEI program is. You should now be back on your forum post.
5) Paste the WEI code that you copied on your clipboard after the [WEI] bbcode.
6) Click the WEI button again to close the [WEI] bbcode.

Here's an example of what you should have between the [WEI] and [/WEI] bbcodes:

[WEI]http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AADV4CLtw4EKlb@[/WEI]

Hope this helps.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby murcielago on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:11 am

true if you hit soft with low the cb will roll forward but its almost guaranteed to go at least two inches. the shot here is centerball with medium speed. getting the cb to stop exactly on the ob position is one of the harder shots to execute.
murcielago
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader

Return to How would you play this?