Runout #2

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Runout #2

Postby NZpoolplayer on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:14 am

You are solid. Problem ball is the 6 ball. What do you think are the good options to consider in handling this layout?

NZpoolplayer
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby BECue on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 pm

I will try to break up the 6 and 8 ball preferably hitting the 6 ball a little full but on the left side of the ball. Position on the 5 is critical as you'll need to have the correct angle for the cueball to travel towards the 6 and 8 ball cluster.

Man, it is so much easier to do the diagrams than to actually execute the shots on the table! :lol:

Click the page numbers on the bottom right of the cuetable diagram to page thru the shots.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby parrothead on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:23 am

I think I would shoot a stop on the 5 ball in the corner, bank in the 6, put the 1 in the corner and take the eight down the rail in the corner by the 9.
parrothead
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader

Postby NZpoolplayer on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Ok, just in case I wasnt able to take good shape when hitting my first shot, either the 1 ball or the 5 ball. Do you both suggest a safety or go for a risky bank on the 6 ball?
NZpoolplayer
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby badandy on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:47 pm

pretty slick on the page number thing. i liked that better then actual runout.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 pm

badandy wrote:pretty slick on the page number thing. i liked that better then actual runout.

I'm telling you... I can run-out from anywhere on the cuetable! :lol:
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby NZpoolplayer on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:10 am

:lol: Yea I know man, you can runout from anywhere.
NZpoolplayer
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby BlowFish on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:09 am

admin wrote:
badandy wrote:pretty slick on the page number thing. i liked that better then actual runout.

I'm telling you... I can run-out from anywhere on the cuetable! :lol:

PM me the secret please. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PS: I'm down on my knees.
BlowFish
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby BECue on Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:19 pm

BlowFish wrote:PM me the secret please. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It's all in the "mouse" stroke... :lol:
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Re: Runout #2

Postby markee on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Only way for me is to move the 6 (unless you want to bank the 6 to the opposite corner pocket) and I would do that from the top of the table by leaving half ball on the 5 to the middle pocket and playing with left english one tip below centre to come off the head rail into the side rail then into the 6. I think that is the only way of being certain of a shot on the 6, except for the bank option.
markee
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to How would you play this?