What would you do here? Final-Predator 9B Tour Tony Robles

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

What would you do here? Final-Predator 9B Tour Tony Robles

Postby cuetable on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm

You just made two balls on the break. Unfortunately, you can see a hair of the 2 ball.

What would be a smart move here?

cuetable
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jldnno on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 am

I think a simple safety would work here by just thining the 2 with just a touch of left. A pushout is also a viable option. If you're really feeling froggy and you can see enough of the 2 a 2 rail bank back to the upper left corner is also possible.

jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby cuetable on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

Let's just say the table is very fast. Your opponent is a strong world class player. You have just decided to push out. Where would you push out to?
cuetable
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jldnno on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

I usually like to push out to a spot that I think my opponent will give the shot back to me. A lot of times this involves an easy kick shot that will enable me to play a decent safety. In this situation I don't really see that option so I would push out to either point A or point B so I could play a safety from either spot or a 2 rail bank from point A.

jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby jongreve on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:09 pm

what if you pushed out to almost on top of the 7 ball. Showing no part of the two ball and providing a fairly executable 2-rail kick safe on the two ball around the 3-ball
jongreve
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jldnno on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 pm

what if you pushed out to almost on top of the 7 ball. Showing no part of the two ball and providing a fairly executable 2-rail kick safe on the two ball around the 3-ball

That would be a great option as long as your touch is good enough not to tie up on the 7. Of course a slight bump into the 7 would guarantee that the tie up wouldn't happen.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby pacman on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:22 am

i will shoot the opposite way, two rail shot at the back of 3, but must hit deeper on the two ball upon hitting the 2nd rail so that cue ball will go hopefully at the back of 6 or 4 for safety and the 2 ball will go to the other side
t0 bE........oR n0t t0 bE.........oR n0t t0 bE...................
iF u DoN't WaNt to ExTiNcT, uNlEaSh YoUr kIlLeR iNsTiNcT!!!!!
pacman
EPT PHI Committee/Champ III

Postby pacman on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:52 am

the shot should look like this....i don't know if you guys thought about it...have seen this shot many times (TV) and it's pretty cool
pacman

Postby traut on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:08 am

Pacmans kick would be easy to make, speed control needs to be really good. Even the shot is used many times, the cueball is sinked almost as many times. From what I've seen.
Back In Finland
traut
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader

Postby BlowFish on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 am

I would do it reverse to Pacman (CB up table and 2-Ball to corner), making an attempt to packet the 2-ball to the corner and also hide if won't go in. Two-way shot.

Note: Only when I'm on the Hill and opponent is 2 to 3 games out and alternate breaks. :twisted:
My Cues:

Mezz - "Something that is loved, something that is treasured".

"Never interrupt your opponent, when he is making a mistake."
BlowFish
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby JJFSTAR on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm

My 2 cents is that I would push out to CB "B" in the diagram but I would not try to freeze it to the short rail.

Here is my whole dollar.

That 3 makes thinning that 2 way too dangerous. I don’t like the top of the 7 ball push because it looks like the 1 rail natural kick angle is blocked in both directions by the 3 and 6. However I am admittedly not so good at kicking with right and left english with precision; I think I will do some drilling on that tomorrow.

The fact is that you are in a tough spot here and most pros would take their extension. My best advice is not push out to CB "B" or any other specific shot advice but rather STUDY CAREFULLY!!! Go over and look at the EXACAT position of the balls relationships to all of the other balls and all of their relationships to the pockets. Let your natural talents as a player guide you as to weather you should thin the 2 safe, 2 rail kick the 2, bank it cross corner, push or whatever. But only after you have walked over to the other end of the table looked down at the ball walked to both sides of the table and squatted. It is just after the break so there is no inner rhythm to maintain. So my best advice is to keep your head together and not say "Oh #@$X" look at what this table has dealt me but just make the best play for you. This is a wonderful post and should be a lesson to all of us; I included, if I could follow my own advice 100% of the time in these types of situations I would be a little better than I am today.
JJFSTAR
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby jldnno on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Only problem is that in Pacman's diagram the cueball and 7 ball are moved from their original positions in order to make the shot work. It would be extremely difficult if possible at all to make the kick behind the 3 and hit the 2 ball from the cueball's original position. From the new positioning of the cueball and 7 ball an easy one rail bank back to the upper left corner is now open.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby pacman on Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:35 am

jldnno wrote:Only problem is that in Pacman's diagram the cueball and 7 ball are moved from their original positions in order to make the shot work. It would be extremely difficult if possible at all to make the kick behind the 3 and hit the 2 ball from the cueball's original position. From the new positioning of the cueball and 7 ball an easy one rail bank back to the upper left corner is now open.

opss sorry no intention to mis lead the other forumer on my post, my main concern on my diagram is the rail shot, so i did not fix the other position of the other balls (note: it's my first time to use the new diagram).

HAve tried the rail shot at home and the CB's natural angel is really at the back 6 & 4, the OB's path varies as well, yet the result is absolutely superb.
pacman

Postby jldnno on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:33 am

Sorry Pacman didn't mean to make it look like you were trying to mis lead on the shot. Just pointing out that it was a different shot from the original.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Re: What would you do here? Final-Predator 9B Tour Tony Robles

Postby Driftmaster on Sun May 17, 2009 3:39 am

This is the best safety. A very thin cut. Use middle ball, far right English to get the deflection of the cue ball back in the direction that it came from. The 2 ball will only move a very small amount and be on the rail. It is a difficult jump shot because of the distance and also a difficult kick shot.
Driftmaster
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to How would you play this?