How do you pick yourself up

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Re: How do you pick yourself up

Postby caloixv2 on Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 am

Find out where was your weakest point at the previous bad night game. practice those weak points. try to think positive. that's what i do but if that didn't work, try o give yourself a little break. i give myself a couple of days off in playing billiards to relax, forget about the bad experience i had and just try to refresh a little bit. you'll be surprised when you play again you'd see pool in a slightly different way. you'll look at it as if it is easy and basic.
caloixv2
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby arisalmario on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 pm

THis may sound weird. But what i do is, I never put myself up. I always tell myself that this game is a game of hardships and the path to the goal is far and perseverance, patience, determination is what i need to get there. Its not about my skills. I know that because, in some days, straight shots are easy. Some days, everything is hard. So the best thing that i would advice is, dont take it hard on yourself. YOu can do this by starting from zero. Always think that its better to have it the hardway. In doing so, you forget that you ever were a good player and so from now you would start back again from where you began. Back to basics.

Avoid being too confident that straight shots are easy shots. Just always think less. JUst play the shot with what you know. Stop thinking bout what others might thinks if you'd miss an easy one. "NO MIND". - quote from the last samurai. Apply it, it helps!
arisalmario
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby 5strings on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:44 am

for me, i stop for a while then drink a glass of water and talk to my self and say 'I CAN DO THIS' its just a matter of mental game, refresh your self :smile: :smile: :smile:
oooppss.....I GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!
5strings
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Previous

Return to How would you play this?