Three ball

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Three ball

Postby Practice8 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:11 am

Can anyone tell me what is the best way for playing 3 ball?
I'd like to know if there's a good way to break to make a ball consistantly. Could you do a table diagram, also showing the correct place to contact cb.
The set up is just like any 8 ball racking of the first 3 balls, not the the layout where there in a straight line.
Thanks
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby mechmat on Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:35 pm

This topic has been brought up before, and the consensus was that there is no good way to make a ball on purpose. Simply plow them as hard as you can and hope for the best.
mechmat
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist

Postby jldnno on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:01 am

Here you go. This break works fairly well but the balls need to be racked correctly. Just use 1/2 to 3/4 inch of inside (left in this case) and the same amount of high. Shoot with a firm stun shot speed (medium +) and aim to hit the front ball full in the face. Don't overpower the shot.

jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby mechmat on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:59 am

Have you done that with much success on a bar table? It doesn't seem like it would wrap around that first corner correctly on a smaller table.
mechmat
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist

Postby ImDaTomster99 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:12 am

If you get a good rack in a three ball game, wait, that never happens, lol.
ImDaTomster99
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby jldnno on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:43 am

Have you done that with much success on a bar table? It doesn't seem like it would wrap around that first corner correctly on a smaller table.

Actually it works better on a bar table than a larger table especially since the pockets are bigger and there is less room for error on bank. There is one bar where I play a lot though that has really live rails which always bank short up to a whole diamond so you have to play a lot of extra English to make it come out right.

If you get a good rack in a three ball game, wait, that never happens, lol.

That's true but what I was referring to mostly is to make sure the balls are not cocked to one side. I am quick to ask for a rerack if they someone tries to pull that.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Return to How would you play this?