Barely clear OB

Discuss game situations with other EPT members. A very cool pool diagramming tool (CueTable) is included to help visually illustrate table layouts. Check it out!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Barely clear OB

Postby Practice8 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:49 pm

If your OB ( 8 ball ) will just get by another ball by the slimmest of margins, whats the best way to shoot them Straight in, little cut, moderate cut or harder cut

Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby vucemz on Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:07 pm

as long as you have half of the pocket you're ok. if you haven't, than you have to compensate with the angle and speed of the shot... don't really understand what you meant with the moderate and harder cut though... if i got the point of the question at all... :)
vucemz
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby Practice8 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:52 pm

If the ob has just its outer edge to pass by the almost blocking ball, it seems that when shooting the shot similar to what I laid out, the ob seems to go off its route and usual will hit the other ball. With slow speed sometimes I can make a shot like that other times not. Then if the shot is laid out similarly but with the cb at an angle, I can't make that shot. I'm thinking throw is coming into play but I'm not sure how or why, or how to correct or compensate for it. So my question is if the shot has to be made say to end a game or whatever, How would you shoot the shot. For the first table ( basically straight in or close to straight in ) how would it be aimed, speed, english etc. Same question for the angled shot on table 2.
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby jldnno on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:09 pm

With a cut shot if you shoot it soft you will have contact throw which will cause the object ball to move in the opposite direction of the cut (undercut). If you shoot it too hard the object ball will over cut. The best speed to keep the cut true is a soft plus to medium. English can be used if you are good at compensating for it at different speeds as it will negate the contact throw.

This is basically the same information as with your side pocket shot in your previous post.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Return to How would you play this?