Rommels Billiards?

Discussions regarding billiard related shops or dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Rommels Billiards?

Postby atoms on Thu May 21, 2009 5:11 am

What happen to Rommels billiards.? It used to have a prominent name in billiards world. Now its name is vanishing in the industry. I used to buy cues in their main store in biak na bato in Q.C. I could find very good cues there. In fact 3 of my cues came from their store. But recently when I visited their shops again, their store are already closed. Only the playing areas remain. And you could already see in their set-ups that its already in a brink of oblivion. Rommels used to make fine billiards tables also back in the 70s. And its very active in promoting billiards back then.. :(
atoms
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Re: Rommels Billiards?

Postby linds on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:29 am

unfair competition... ive seen mang boy fernandez "rommel's billiard" at its peak during 80's till 2005 used to do business with him back then. nice guy, he even encourage me to be at my best in the industry we shared (at a 2008 bmpap meeting)
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby sher_amf on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:05 pm

just want to clarify something... the original table maker from rommel billiards transferred to puyat and that is how puyat started to grow?
sher_amf
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby linds on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:22 am

sher_amf wrote:just want to clarify something... the original table maker from rommel billiards transferred to puyat and that is how puyat started to grow?

Nope! rommel's pioneer maker was path buan brother of zening buan of betis, guagua pamp (buan billiards) a former puyat employee. mang path learned from the older bro while working at the shop of atty.andress (table rental shop during 60-70's)
fyi, damian billiards also employs same group of kapampangan table makers
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby atoms on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 pm

linds wrote:
sher_amf wrote:just want to clarify something... the original table maker from rommel billiards transferred to puyat and that is how puyat started to grow?

Nope! rommel's pioneer maker was path buan brother of zening buan of betis, guagua pamp (buan billiards) a former puyat employee. mang path learned from the older bro while working at the shop of atty.andress (table rental shop during 60-70's)
fyi, damian billiards also employs same group of kapampangan table makers

Wow.. linds, you sure knows them ha.. maybe its your turn to encourage them back in in the pool world, to reclaim their name back again in the industry.. hehe
atoms
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby raro021007 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

how i wish these people will return into limelight of billiard sports....lets support Philippine Billiards!
raro021007
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby buchoy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:34 am

I used to play in rommel billiards in biak bato back in 2002-2005. they had good tables and cheap rates.
buchoy
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby 5strings on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm

im also curious about rommels billiard, i used to play here in adriatico when i was in college, so where are the tables at malate goes?
oooppss.....I GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!
5strings
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Return to All About Shops & Dealers