Where do i buy a good cue here in the philippines?

Discussions regarding billiard related shops or dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Postby tiririt on Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:01 am

let me bring back rock god's original question. where will you find here in the philippines (i hope in luzon: NCR particularly) KULIAT cues? who is the cue maker? i only see them in ebay. and i think they are best pinoy -made cue in ebay.
User avatar
tiririt
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby tiririt on Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:09 am

im sorry, it is not rock god's original question. it was asked in other portion in the forum. btw, my question still holds :)
User avatar
tiririt
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby carrot on Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:05 am

do you need to pay tax when you sell cues locally? on the internet? on a personal deal?
User avatar
carrot
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:17 pm

tiririt wrote:i just had 'upgradings' done on my cues with linds 3 weeks ago. i have a plain black, phenolic jointed minnesota fats cue and its orig shaft is damned ugly and warped. i had it made with a grade AAA maple shaft (accdg to them) for php1200. it has a ferrulle made of cue ball and a pro taper. the wood is really white. it plays also good and hits really good.


correction... we dont use grade AAA shafts on local repairs??? premium grade shafts cost more than that. 8O
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:47 pm

<-----linds originated from San Fernando.


tiririt wrote:let me bring back rock god's original question. where will you find here in the philippines (i hope in luzon: NCR particularly) KULIAT cues? who is the cue maker? i only see them in ebay. and i think they are best pinoy -made cue in ebay.



hmnn... Angeles City-was formerly a barrio "village" of San Fernado City Pampanga, known then as "KULIAT".
www.dive-wizard.com/main/angeles
the cuemaker...is more likely from the area: www.easypooltutor.com/postt2837.html
best pinoy-made cue in ebay... hmnn :wink:
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:07 pm

carrot wrote:do you need to pay tax when you sell cues locally?
yes of course!
carrot wrote:on the internet?
that depends..."custom rule" varies... :wink:
carrot wrote: on a personal deal?
i dont think so... not unless he/she demands for an official reciept. :oops:
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby carrot on Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:42 pm

thanks sir linds..my tip hasn't been changed since I got it from your shop..it still plays very well though..but planning to change to moori.. :D
User avatar
carrot
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby tiririt on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:28 am

linds wrote:
tiririt wrote:i just had 'upgradings' done on my cues with linds 3 weeks ago. i have a plain black, phenolic jointed minnesota fats cue and its orig shaft is damned ugly and warped. i had it made with a grade AAA maple shaft (accdg to them) for php1200. it has a ferrulle made of cue ball and a pro taper. the wood is really white. it plays also good and hits really good.


correction... we dont use grade AAA shafts on local repairs??? premium grade shafts cost more than that. 8O


but your assistant 'rolly' told me so. he even indicated in my invoice that it is 'grade AAA maple shaft'... just wondering.
User avatar
tiririt
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:10 am

tiririt wrote:
linds wrote:
tiririt wrote:i just had 'upgradings' done on my cues with linds 3 weeks ago. i have a plain black, phenolic jointed minnesota fats cue and its orig shaft is damned ugly and warped. i had it made with a grade AAA maple shaft (accdg to them) for php1200. it has a ferrulle made of cue ball and a pro taper. the wood is really white. it plays also good and hits really good.


correction... we dont use grade AAA shafts on local repairs??? premium grade shafts cost more than that. 8O


but your assistant 'rolly' told me so. he even indicated in my invoice that it is 'grade AAA maple shaft'... just wondering.


there are times "rolly" needs to please everyone... :wink:
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby tiririt on Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:24 am

linds wrote:
tiririt wrote:
linds wrote:
tiririt wrote:i just had 'upgradings' done on my cues with linds 3 weeks ago. i have a plain black, phenolic jointed minnesota fats cue and its orig shaft is damned ugly and warped. i had it made with a grade AAA maple shaft (accdg to them) for php1200. it has a ferrulle made of cue ball and a pro taper. the wood is really white. it plays also good and hits really good.


correction... we dont use grade AAA shafts on local repairs??? premium grade shafts cost more than that. 8O


but your assistant 'rolly' told me so. he even indicated in my invoice that it is 'grade AAA maple shaft'... just wondering.


there are times "rolly" needs to please everyone... :wink:


hehe... that's what i thought. good salesperson :D and i dont think AAA shafts dont cost just $20. maybe, you can also check your price list too mr. linds which is posted in your shop and your old website.
btw, no regrets whatsoever in the shaft made. hits really well..
User avatar
tiririt
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:03 am

tiririt wrote:hehe... that's what i thought. good salesperson :D and i dont think AAA shafts dont cost just $20. maybe, you can also check your price list too mr. linds which is posted in your shop and your old website.
btw, no regrets whatsoever in the shaft made. hits really well..


old website??? cjb/brinkster or the one in chineese... price list posted (july 15 2002) really needs some adjustments... 8O the shafts we provide locally at p1,200 are the norm... AAA premium grade cost @4k to high for the local market... :cry: also have upgraded finish to 2k urethane... anzahl was dump cause of you... :roll: thanks for the comments. :)
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby carrot on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:13 pm

are there suppliers of premium grade maple here in the Philippines?
User avatar
carrot
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby linds on Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:21 am

carrot wrote:are there suppliers of premium grade maple here in the Philippines?

very few... :roll:
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
User avatar
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby carrot on Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:39 pm

are they listed on the yellow pages? only find few lumbers who sell exotic woods and maple..
User avatar
carrot
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 5:00 am
Location: Philippines

Postby the_rock_god on Wed May 04, 2005 6:32 am

hello mr. linds, i've got a question. for a cue to be 60"-61", does the butt have to be custom-made or could i use a butt from a 58" cue and have a longer shaft made instead? how will it affect the balance? thanks! btw where is your shop located? gusto ko sanang bumisita, from what i've heard you've got a really nice shop. thanks!
User avatar
the_rock_god
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:00 am
Location: Philippines


PreviousNext

Return to All About Shops & Dealers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests