Games and Things, Norcross GA -- A1+

Discussions regarding billiard related shops or dealers.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Games and Things, Norcross GA -- A1+

Postby rmorris on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:29 pm

When I was looking for my first table just before Christmas, many of you gave great advice and ask me to post back after I made my final decisaion and report on how the dealer was.
w
Well, I went with an Olhausen Eclipse that I got from Games and Things in Norcross, GA. My salesman there was named Roger. He was very knowledgeable, patient and definately not pushy at all. If he had tried at all, he could have sold me an $800 more expensive table, but he did not try to steer me that way and sort of encouraged me to get the less expensive table. I ended up at $2700 for the table, $200 for upgraded accy package, and my wife spent another $580 on a spectator chair and two padded stools.

Delivery was set up for the Friday before Christmas. The delivery guy called the day before and said he would be here between 1 and 3. He showed up at 2:20 with one helper and went right to work. While one guy setup the frame and legs, the other guy started covering the rails and cushion in the other room. Then without saying a word walked into the room at the perfect moment to help level the frame with the pads and carry in the slate. Then he went back to finish the rails and cushions while the first guy set the slate. He leveled the slatee and sealed everything with wax and checked for level again (and again). Then they covered the table, added rails and cushions, checked for level again Before leaving, they put together all of the accessories and arranged them nicely on the table for display. Then they cleaned everything up and went on their way. All in all, about an hour and a half.

The table is definately dead level and the covering job is excellent. As far as centering in the room, it is 1/2" more to one side than the other, so there is a bit if a short stroke on one side (the room is only 13' wide). But I can live with that.

The overall experience has been great. I know compared to other tables they sell, this was chump change to them, but never once did I feel like I was anything less than one of their top customers. We are very pleased indeed.

So if you are in Georgia around Atlanta metro area and looking for a table, check out Games and Things and ask for Roger.

Now if I can just learn to play better........

Rick
rmorris
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby poolplayer on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:02 am

Good to hear. It's nice when a business treats their customers equally.
http://WWW.EASYPOOLTUTOR.COM

Unleashing the Pinoy in you!

And

Romance on Demand
poolplayer
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby LTCJack on Wed May 09, 2007 3:33 am

I completely had my time wasted by Games and Things at their super sale. The "sale" prices were really full pop; the salesperson Tate told me his mangaer Steve would only quote 2 tables. When I stated that I did not think prices were that good, Tate got very angry, and told me once a year he gets a customer who does not understand the deal he is getting. He stated I was getting the best price at the super sale. Well, he was wrong. Another dealer beat his price by $1500.00 with no haggling. Games and Things was like buying a used car. Take it or leave it high ball offer. "if I could, would you" BS. Complete joke. If you want to know where to get much better pricing, PM me and I will tell you.
LTCJack
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to All About Shops & Dealers