schools and instructional materials helps alot

Looking for pool instructors or instructional materials such as videos and book?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

schools and instructional materials helps alot

Postby dingerooos on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I believe learning properly trough school and from basic is the best way to learn in any sports or others...ofcours you can learn by yourself but first of all takes much longer time and maybe its wrong what you have lernt,so its too difficult to clean that from your head and start again... :dazed:
dingerooos
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: schools and instructional materials helps alot

Postby hans02 on Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 am

dingerooos wrote:I believe learning properly trough school and from basic is the best way to learn in any sports or others...ofcours you can learn by yourself but first of all takes much longer time and maybe its wrong what you have lernt,so its too difficult to clean that from your head and start again... :dazed:

I heard of the Philippine Billiards Academy, however, I think that it caters only to Class A and B players or to those who belong to the training pool. I agree with you that for serious beginners, fundamentals should be thought be professionals of the game. :wink:
hans02
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dark phoenix on Thu May 07, 2009 5:42 am

with regards to blliard academy, is it operational already? because the last time we ask its not yet ready for the public? is there anybody who knows the latest update to the academy please pm me or post it here thanks.
dark phoenix
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby soulassassin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Sirs,

I'm a beginner pool player, I don't have that money to frequent expensive pool halls & costly tutorials. Are there good (non-pro) players who don't charge as much & are there non-pricey pool halls?

Thank you so much!
soulassassin
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby raizen on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:30 pm

there are lots of instructional video clips sa you tube. check it out!

or like most of us here, started as beginners, played with friends, and eventually learned to play. Most EPT players will be so kind to teach you the basics and a couple of their techniques :)

If your near east, you can join our practice sessions, no table fees. :)
raizen
EPT PHI Committee/Champ I

Postby soulassassin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 am

Sir Raizen,

What's the exact location?

Thanks!
soulassassin
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby raizen on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:14 pm

just across one montain, lol :)

kidding aside, if you know sta lucia east mall. maybe around 10 minutes drive from there. PM me your contact number. ill let you know if we have practice session this sat. :)
raizen

Postby Trisha_silvester on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Just playing through a rack of balls might challenge you to get creative in order to find position on the next ball, but until you have a portfolio of familiar shots already under your belt, you will still struggle. Pool schools are of immense help in starting and later in your life if you are going to build your career in pool.
Trisha_silvester
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Return to Instructional materials and schools