Cue Academy for PS2...

Looking for pool instructors or instructional materials such as videos and book?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Cue Academy for PS2...

Postby BECue on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Do you guys notice anything familiar about this picture?

:D
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby BlowFish on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Did you copyright the logo? :mrgreen:
My Cues:

Mezz - "Something that is loved, something that is treasured".

"Never interrupt your opponent, when he is making a mistake."
BlowFish
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby BECue on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Unfortunately no. :(
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby badandy on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:27 am

they say copying is the best flattery
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm

badandy wrote:they say copying is the best flattery

Absolutely!
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Re: Cue Academy for PS2...

Postby Chappy on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 am

Hi

Actually, if you can prove that you have used this Logo on any public media (print, film, possibly online) before their design department used it, you "may have" a legal right to it still...possibly.
There are a few rules in the International Copyright Act that will allow you to claim ownership of something if you can prove you used it first and it was publically available, in this case for viewing.
No doubt tho, that Sony has deep pockets and many lawyers on staff and if you should decide to fight them for the rights to any image they've used, it could get expensive. Then again, if you won they have to then pay you for their usage of this image, and that could be worth a pretty penny.
So I guess if you feel that this logo is strikingly similar, or exactly the same as something of yours, then I would at least look into this just to see what your options are since every Country's compliance of the International Copyright Treaty is somewhat different.

Dave
Chappy
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Instructional materials and schools