Monk's E-Book on Pool

Looking for pool instructors or instructional materials such as videos and book?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Monk's E-Book on Pool

Postby mick on Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:02 am

"I spent most of my life playing pool, the rest of the time I just wasted." -- Unknown
mick
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby sessyargc on Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:47 am

The book, the e-book or the newsletters? Luckily I've got both the book and the newsletter.
- not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
sessyargc
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby mick on Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:12 pm

sessyargc wrote:The book, the e-book or the newsletters? Luckily I've got both the book and the newsletter.

The E-Book....
"I spent most of my life playing pool, the rest of the time I just wasted." -- Unknown
mick
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby badandy on Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:54 pm

i use E books for work a lot but i prefer real paper so i can highilight, mark pages and keep it by the table for a quick ref.

i get his news letters but i personaly do not get much out of them. i have been considering stopping the services but have not yet since it is easy to delete and i keep hoping for the little gem to show up.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby sessyargc on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:10 pm

Even though I'm a tech guy I don't like e-books. I want real books! Books that I can touch, scribble on and smell! I specially like the smell of aged books.
- not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted
sessyargc
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby lyngurl on Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:02 pm

personally...i feel the monk writes the best books on pool, especially on the mental aspect...makes you feel the urge to play your best (and like a champion) after reading it. :wink:
lyngurl
EPT SG Player
EPT SG Player

Postby awesome on Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:06 am

lyngurl wrote:personally...i feel the monk writes the best books on pool, especially on the mental aspect...makes you feel the urge to play your best (and like a champion) after reading it. :wink:

my feelings the same too........ :)
RACK AND WHACK EM' UP
===========================
May The PooL FoRce Be With You !!!!
===========================
awesome
EPT SG Committee/Champ III
EPT SG Committee/Champ III

Postby lyngurl on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:38 pm

hmm...are there any other e-books or websites allowing you to download videos of competitions or trick shots that you guys can recommend? :?:
lyngurl
EPT SG Player
EPT SG Player

Postby jldnno on Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:46 pm

I like the paper version better. Don't mind paying extra as it would cost more to print it out anyway. A lot of the time when I am reading a good book on pool and come across something that I want to learn it's nice to have a book to take to the table and practice the technique.
jldnno
EPT Writer
EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:45 pm

I like the paper version too. I usually don't have time to read books except when I'm in the bathroom so... :D Anyone interested in used pool books? :roll:
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby Poolschool on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:59 am

admin wrote:I like the paper version too. I usually don't have time to read books except when I'm in the bathroom so... :D Anyone interested in used pool books? :roll:

:lol:
Poolschool
Forum Mentor
Forum Mentor

Postby Poolschool on Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:01 am

jldnno wrote:I like the paper version better. Don't mind paying extra as it would cost more to print it out anyway. A lot of the time when I am reading a good book on pool and come across something that I want to learn it's nice to have a book to take to the table and practice the technique.

Im the same way. I like bieng able to take the book to the table. It allows you to get a better visual. And shots are set up exactly how they are tought to you.
Poolschool
Forum Mentor
Forum Mentor

Postby badandy on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:27 pm

Poolschool wrote:
jldnno wrote:I like the paper version better. Don't mind paying extra as it would cost more to print it out anyway. A lot of the time when I am reading a good book on pool and come across something that I want to learn it's nice to have a book to take to the table and practice the technique.

Im the same way. I like bieng able to take the book to the table. It allows you to get a better visual. And shots are set up exactly how they are tought to you.

i do the same, i take the book to the table and work on the shots. very important for monk book i have since he does not give adequit detail on how to stroke etc. the only way to tell is to guess by description then see the results.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby Danieli on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:38 pm

The good thing about the ebook format is that you can print the page you're working on and lay it flat on the table.
Danieli
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby sixa on Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:31 pm

I think the monk does 90% rambling, 5% plugging his other products, and 5% actually teaching. I don't really like the way his writings come across.
sixa
Forum Thinker
Forum Thinker

Next

Return to Instructional materials and schools