anybody seen this, is it worth anything or is is doo.

Looking for pool instructors or instructional materials such as videos and book?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

anybody seen this, is it worth anything or is is doo.

Postby badandy on Tue May 16, 2006 3:41 pm

While on Bert kinister's site looking at the classic tour videos I saw this one. I am comfortable with shot making but the verbiage got my attention. I read all the posts on ept on Bert kinister, some say great, some say waste. Most seem to like #1, the 60 minute workout, just curios about this one since it was all in bold red etc.

Volume 56 "SECRETS OF SHOTMAKING"
Never seen before on video!

Volumes 55 & 56 are guaranteed to raise your ability to pocket long and hard shots by 50% within 8 to 10 hours of use or your money back!

http://home.insightbb.com/~nenenews/kin ... ideos.html
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby badandy on Mon May 29, 2006 1:39 pm

silence is golden

i got the nineball one that is supposed to be one of his best. i found it on ebay along with the next two for a total of $16. i saw the first and was not too impressed. will have to wait till i see the next two i got as a bonus.

i have to give him props on speed control, he is impeccable on that. i called him and left a msg about buying a classic with mosconi but he did not return my call until a week later when i was in cisco training. he ended up on my work support cell so i stepped out of class to take the call. i had no idea who he was because my mind was in work tech support mode. he kept saying i called him and i kept syaing burt who? when i finally figured out who it was said i would call back next week. a little comic relief during the bit storm.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby badandy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:55 pm

got the 60 min workout and thought it a waste.

also got vol 2 of clasics with mosconi, fats, crane, moore, puckett, lassiter. it was interesting to see the greats but at the same time it was kind of demoralizing and a shame. i have always considered mosconi the best ever but he had a hard time stringing 4 balls. he did do a rack here and there but it was rare. fats did not change, his mouth was faster then his cue and his cue was fast slam/wham. puckett was cool looking for an old guy and did reasonable. the only two that played what i would call pro level were whimpy lassieter and crane, they both still had it. all these guys looked to be in there 70s at least and it showed. what was a shame was the table they were subjected to. you would think for a televised event with world class (used to be) players they would have a decent table. i often saw balls drift off course and one time the cb acutually did a U turn as it came to a stop.

mosconi was the only one that complained about the quality of the table and he really looked dissinterested.

even though i enjoyed watching the greats it was kind of depressing at the same time.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby geno368 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Bert's latest tapes are a waste of money...
geno368
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Return to Instructional materials and schools