Bert Kinister Videos...good choice?

Looking for pool instructors or instructional materials such as videos and book?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Re: Bert Kinister Videos...good choice?

Postby Red Witch on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 pm

BECue wrote:
leemo wrote:His videos and personal instruction took Niels Fien and Tony Robles to the top of the pool world.

Says who? Niels and Tony were already on top of the pool world even before they signed up to do the Kinister videos. Give me a break... Kinister had nothing to do with how good Niels and Tony are.

niels was 16 when he first came to me and he regularly spends several weeks a year with me. hwats the difference you obviously know more than the rest of us do, I am surprised you are not more well known
Red Witch
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby BECue on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 am

Red Witch wrote:
BECue wrote:
leemo wrote:His videos and personal instruction took Niels Fien and Tony Robles to the top of the pool world.

Says who? Niels and Tony were already on top of the pool world even before they signed up to do the Kinister videos. Give me a break... Kinister had nothing to do with how good Niels and Tony are.

niels was 16 when he first came to me and he regularly spends several weeks a year with me. hwats the difference you obviously know more than the rest of us do, I am surprised you are not more well known

So you are Bert Kinister? In your previous post, you said you partnered with Bert in scotch doubles? Are you also the same as the other posters in this thread who only have 1 post praising Bert Kinister?

I gave my honest opinion on your videos, I loved your first one but I didn't like the rest. The other authentic posters here pretty much had the same feeling but you had to come in here and post several times with great reviews about your product. That is against the rules of this forum. If your product is really that good then I'm sure people will say it is. It is not a good idea to register for multiple accounts and post one time only to respond to this thread and never to be seen again.

If you are planning to keep arguing with me... don't.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Re:

Postby hans02 on Thu May 07, 2009 4:56 am

BECue wrote:IMO, no. Bert Kinister videos are not worth the money. I have several of his videos and I found only 1 to be any good. The first volume - 60 minute workout for 9 ball. The rest are not very good and I think Bert Kinister is just making as many videos as he can to maximize his profit. Some of his videos are even flat out wrong. I bought his video about aiming and another video about secrets of long hard shots and I cannot believe how he can even teach that stuff... it is totally wrong. I also have the mighty x and this one is okay except that he talks and talks just to make the video 1 hour long when he could have easily just explained the thing in detail in 10 minutes. I wasted a lot of money on Kinister but his first video was great so it made up for the rest, I guess.

Hello Sir, are the videos on CD or DVD format? If so, are you willing to lend them to a fellow EPT member who would like to learn all aspects of the game? :smile:
hans02
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby mKozomara on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Says them. I don't know Tony but I know Niels will vouch for Berts instruction. Did it ever occur to you that Niels had been taking instruction from Bert long before he did the videos?

I'm not going to say that Berts instruction was the sole factor in getting them to the top.
But then again, there is no sole factor...
mKozomara
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Previous

Return to Instructional materials and schools