loss of game or just unsportsmanlike?

General discussions about the rules of various pool related games.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

loss of game or just unsportsmanlike?

Postby Firestix on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:12 pm

I was in an 8ball match and hooked my opponent. He tried a two rail shot and missed his object ball commiting a foul. As the cue ball continued around the table it was headed toward two of my balls that were frozen together, my opponent grabbed the moving cue ball before it could contact my balls, and handed it to me. He had fouled already by missing his ball but him grabbing the cue ball in motion affected the game as it would have cleared my frozen balls. I know you can't foul twice on the same shot and I get ball in hand. I'm just not sure about grabbing the cue ball in motion when it would have hit my balls. Very unsportsmanlike but is it punishable and if so how? :disgust:
Firestix
Forum Thinker
Forum Thinker

Return to Rules of the Game