Fun with Photography

Discussion of any topics of interest unrelated to pool, snooker or billiards.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Re: Fun with Photography

Postby BECue on Thu May 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Playing around and learning the manual setting of my NIkon D40. Still learning about aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure levels. Here's some sample photos taken in my backyard.

My adorable kids:

f/5, ISO 200, 1/200 sec

f/5.3, ISO 200, 1/200 sec

Blue sky:

f/11, ISO 200, 1/200 sec
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby buzzer on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 am

FUN is watching 125 Australians playing Footy in the rain. We managed the 2009 Manila Cup Australian Rules Football Tournament for PAFL at the Manila Polo Club last Saturday. Thanks to Ben (totbenru) for lending me his Canon 5DMarkII and his ginormous 70-200 F4 lens. (At least that's what I think it is) Some of the photos are a bit blurred -- I'm not sure if it was because the camera was so heavy I couldn't keep it steady or if it was because I was shivering in the rain. Don't ask me about settings and stuff LOL because I just kept my eye on the boys er the ball, clicked away and trusted Photoshop for adjustment because although the lighting was horrible, the action was great!
My favorite subjects were Luke (3rd from left) and Stuch (5th from left) for obvious reasons. Their team, the Hong Kong Dragons won the tournament for the 2nd year in the row.

My favorite Umpire
Get a life! (You know who you are)
buzzer
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby ishtiki on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Part 1

this was during the night game... ganda ng lighting effect! :D

pansin ko mahilig siya sumimangot :P

Abangan ang part 2!
ishtiki
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby ishtiki on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 pm

meron pa!
ishtiki
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby franz on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 pm

some of my shots :smile:

franz
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby alexpogi on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Some nice shots of women players! Awesome!

Ishtiki, what lens did you use? f2.8 200mm L series? Really nice quality!
alexpogi
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby ishtiki on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 am

alexpogi wrote:Some nice shots of women players! Awesome!

yes boss! gamit ko yung super lens :D
ishtiki
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby totbenru on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:21 pm

ishtiki wrote:

Grabe di ka na ma reach!!! I suggest you put a small sig mo. Sayang pag na snipe at gamitin sa iba. Pwede mo na pagkakitaan yan brad!!!

Trans: Very Pro Quality Images. Exposure, Color, Contrast and skin tone is perfect. I'm guessing you shot this in RAW? 70-200 f2.8L?

Regards to all!

Ben
totbenru
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby totbenru on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Some quick maritime snaps:

5DMKII ISO800 24-70mm f2.8L

totbenru
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby ishtiki on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:30 am

totbenru wrote:
ishtiki wrote:

Grabe di ka na ma reach!!! I suggest you put a small sig mo. Sayang pag na snipe at gamitin sa iba. Pwede mo na pagkakitaan yan brad!!!

Trans: Very Pro Quality Images. Exposure, Color, Contrast and skin tone is perfect. I'm guessing you shot this in RAW? 70-200 f2.8L?

Regards to all!

Ben

Thanks boss idol!!!! :-D pero OA ata sa compliments a :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yup! shot this in raw, with 70-200 2.8L... medyo masama ang lighting but the 2.8 really did the job! :-D

regarding the sig... e kung gusto naman nila nakawin ang dali lang rin burahin yung sig e :-D
ishtiki
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby ThaQeLa on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

a newbie sharing some of his shots (40D / 28-135mm) :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThaQeLa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby purple_heart on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:16 pm

nice subjects :clap: the photos speaks for itself. I also wanna try photography however :smile: it gonna cost a lot for the equipment alone it will surely cost more than a predator P3? :smile:
"military order of purple heart medal is Being awarded to a wounded or killed in any action personel against an enemy of the United States or as a result of an act of any such enemy or opposing armed forces."
purple_heart
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby totbenru on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:28 pm

purple_heart wrote:nice subjects :clap: the photos speaks for itself. I also wanna try photography however :smile: it gonna cost a lot for the equipment alone it will surely cost more than a predator P3? :smile:

For basic gear, cost is affordable. Once you are hooked though (or as obsessed as me and the others here), cost is far far far far far more than a P3. It's even more expensive than a pool table!

Welcome ThaQeLa! Cool photos! I recommend you upload them at Photobucket or other photo hosting sites then just link them here. Our photos will have large sizes and will eat up this site's storage.

Here is a link to a very interesting lighting tutorial:

http://www.photoflexlightingschool.com/ ... 2009_07_14

Kitakits sa linggo! Sasali ako dahil rotation to at umaatikabong chambahan nanaman to!!!!!!!!! Eka nga ni Master Pacman, "sa uno, dos at tres, lakasan mo tira pag madulas ang mesa!" Thanks Vic! :-D :-D :-D
Ishtiki mainit na mainit ang tira ko ngayon! Baon ka ng camera para kunan mo ko sa finals a!!!! ahehehehe

trans: See you all this Sunday at the TourStop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
totbenru
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby purple_heart on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:28 pm

totbenru wrote:
purple_heart wrote:nice subjects :clap: the photos speaks for itself. I also wanna try photography however :smile: it gonna cost a lot for the equipment alone it will surely cost more than a predator P3? :smile:

For basic gear, cost is affordable. Once you are hooked though (or as obsessed as me and the others here), cost is far far far far far more than a P3. It's even more expensive than a pool table!

Welcome ThaQeLa! Cool photos! I recommend you upload them at Photobucket or other photo hosting sites then just link them here. Our photos will have large sizes and will eat up this site's storage.

Here is a link to a very interesting lighting tutorial:

http://www.photoflexlightingschool.com/ ... 2009_07_14

Kitakits sa linggo! Sasali ako dahil rotation to at umaatikabong chambahan nanaman to!!!!!!!!! Eka nga ni Master Pacman, "sa uno, dos at tres, lakasan mo tira pag madulas ang mesa!" Thanks Vic! :-D :-D :-D
Ishtiki mainit na mainit ang tira ko ngayon! Baon ka ng camera para kunan mo ko sa finals a!!!! ahehehehe

trans: See you all this Sunday at the TourStop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its gonna cost a fortune :smile:
"military order of purple heart medal is Being awarded to a wounded or killed in any action personel against an enemy of the United States or as a result of an act of any such enemy or opposing armed forces."
purple_heart
Forum Amateur
Forum Amateur

Postby ishtiki on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Boss Ben!!! sorry ngayon ko lang nakita to... kaya mo pala ako tinatanong kung nagdala ako ng gear :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sharing some fun shots :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I think I went a bit overboard with the PP, pero tinatamad na ako ayusin :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ishtiki
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Pool Related