Where are they now?

Discussion of any topics of interest unrelated to pool, snooker or billiards.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Which member do you miss the most? (pick up to 10)

kez
8%
wild1
4%
CRenson
4%
brucedelis
4%
mark23
4%
goneill
No votes
Roppongi
No votes
doomcue
4%
alpha
No votes
Prediator
No votes
griffith_d
8%
UNKNOWN
No votes
tups
8%
aeg
4%
chilli
No votes
Nocturnl
No votes
foreveryoung
No votes
Marz
4%
johnmadden
4%
rt674
No votes
WRHaynes
No votes
zero2566
No votes
BankShotJames
No votes
turnermj
4%
bobroberts
No votes
onthesnap
No votes
sirca
4%
Bazooka_Tooth
4%
Pelican
4%
daveinjapan
4%
TheBigKahuna
No votes
Edloves2playpool
No votes
nineballshark
No votes
9ballhustla
No votes
CCn7
No votes
TomHay
No votes
SnakebyteXX
No votes
ice man
4%
lastly, the girl that stole thephantom's heart (can't remember username)
20%

Total votes : 25

Where are they now?

Postby BECue on Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 pm

A post in the EPT PHI forum inspired me to create this poll. I can't help but remember some of the memorable posters our forum have had. These are members who have not logged in to our forums this year. Some have not been back for years even but made an impact (good or bad) while they were in EPT.

I remember kez. She was an aspiring player. I wonder where she is and how well she plays now. I also remember another lady member we had that stole thephantom's heart. Unfortunately, she had to leave EPT for some personal reasons. I wonder if she still reads the forums. Of course there was wild1, a little brazen but he was memorable. And you can forget mark23 who was a walking/talking advertisement for Predator 314. I wonder if he still uses a predator cue or if he still even plays pool. Then there's a bunch of other members who's contributions made them memorable in their own way, CRenson, brucedelis, doomcue, griffith_d, Marz, johnmadden just to name a few.

Who do you remember the most? Pick up to 10 from the list.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Re: Where are they now?

Postby poolplayer on Fri May 02, 2008 8:30 am

brucedelis never left us. He's still around and posting under something else.

turnermj is known as moderator mick

I see Roppongi and alpha on here now and then. johnmadden and Marz has also come on and I think Marz has posted some.

mikemiller and snakebytexx both lived in the same and haven't been seen since big flooding a couple of years ago. Ifron and counterstrike..the original SG group haven't been seen in years too.

buffettchick is the female your thinking about in regards to thephantom on here. In a general sense regarding women that stole thephantom's heart, there's not enough bandwidth or storage space on the entire net to handle the volume.... :mrgreen:
http://WWW.EASYPOOLTUTOR.COM

Unleashing the Pinoy in you!

And

Romance on Demand
poolplayer
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby badandy on Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm

took the words out of my fingers. also, buffetchic uses a different name as well but she seldom uses it and you are right about the bandwidth, especially in the chats.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby badandy on Fri May 02, 2008 12:37 pm

two i miss that are not gone, just seldom post are poolschool and qbilder. come to think of it, joey has been quiet lately too.

when at the hall and start talking about cues or tables i am the 'expert' because nobody knows anything, just a lot of hearsay mumbo jumbo. (this includes the 'local pro's'). i have learned a tremendous amount from ept.

i was speaking with a famous person pool person (name withheld for obvious reasons) at a storage networking trade fair, he had a table giving demos etc. i asked him about his cue and he had no idea what the wood was or even that he had a radial pin, no clue what it was. i had to look at it and tell him. he was also playing some games with people but he kept ducking me, i never got a chance to play him in the 4 days i was there. he was not that good of a player, but an excellent showman and make his living off of pool writing books and giving demos. all he would have to do is join ept and become the smart guy. :mrgreen:
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 pm

oh yeah.. buffetchic was the username. You guys have better memory than me. :mrgreen:

joey, qbilder and poolschool still login regularly but they don't post as much anymore... same goes for mick.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby linds on Fri May 02, 2008 5:13 pm

friends do come and go... so does poolplayers/lovers etc :inlove:
some of them never advance, few broke-up, some tried other sport-decipline and a bunch remained loyal to the pool
been active for quite sometime but by mid may... may not be :cry:
is pool-billiard dying or just badly affected by worldwide crisis? :(
PROUDLY PHILIPPINE MADE!

http://lindscues.multiply.com/
linds
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby BECue on Sat May 03, 2008 3:06 pm

linds wrote:been active for quite sometime but by mid may... may not be :cry:

Hopefully you won't be gone for too long to get included in the list above. :?

linds wrote:is pool-billiard dying or just badly affected by worldwide crisis? :(

Yeah, I think this worldwide crisis is affecting us all.
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby poolplayer on Mon May 05, 2008 10:29 am

I remember mark23. Joey_g wanted to give him some pool tapes once. Offered to give them to him in a public place in Manila but he wouldn't come out because of safety reasons. Always had bodyguards every time he left home.

And

Romance on Demand
poolplayer
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby miko on Mon May 05, 2008 11:33 am

Oohhh.. these brings back tons of memories.. specially the good times in the chat room.. Wonder whatever happened to tups..
miko
Moderator/EPT SG Champ III

Postby BECue on Mon May 05, 2008 8:59 pm

poolplayer wrote:I remember mark23. Joey_g wanted to give him some pool tapes once. Offered to give them to him in a public place in Manila but he wouldn't come out because of safety reasons. Always had bodyguards every time he left home.

Yeah, I kinda pity the guy. A lot of members picked on him because of his peculiarity.

miko wrote:Oohhh.. these brings back tons of memories.. specially the good times in the chat room.. Wonder whatever happened to tups..

Yeah, the chatroom, the forums and the entire EPT site was bustling with activity before... times have certainly changed. I guess part of it is my fault for not maintening the site and keeping it up to date... well, what can I say.. I got married and had kids... priorities changed. :?

Hopefully, with the update of EPT it'll soon get its second wind...
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby miko on Tue May 06, 2008 1:24 pm

admin wrote:Yeah, the chatroom, the forums and the entire EPT site was bustling with activity before... times have certainly changed. I guess part of it is my fault for not maintening the site and keeping it up to date... well, what can I say.. I got married and had kids... priorities changed. :?

I guess it was also because during the old times there were a lot less members which made the EPT members more closely knitted. Or maybe it's just because we are all getting older which changed our priorities. :mrgreen:
miko

Postby BECue on Thu May 08, 2008 5:14 pm

miko wrote:
admin wrote:Yeah, the chatroom, the forums and the entire EPT site was bustling with activity before... times have certainly changed. I guess part of it is my fault for not maintening the site and keeping it up to date... well, what can I say.. I got married and had kids... priorities changed. :?

I guess it was also because during the old times there were a lot less members which made the EPT members more closely knitted. Or maybe it's just because we are all getting older which changed our priorities. :mrgreen:

Yeah... and EPT Singapore was still active then... but I think one Singaporean site who copied a lot of ideas from EPT created their own SG group and tournaments and pretty much killed EPT SG... it's a pity EPT SG never took off like EPT PHI.
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby poolplayer on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:53 am

badandy seems to have disappeared too. Haven't seen him around since the start of this little economic depression we're having. Hope all is well with him and the family.

And

Romance on Demand
poolplayer
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby BECue on Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah, I wondered what happened to badandy too. I think he still logs in once in a while but rarely posts anymore because there are not a lot of people posting nowadays. qbilder is gone since his business took off and so did a lot of our members.
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby naga65 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:30 am

poolplayer wrote:I remember mark23. Joey_g wanted to give him some pool tapes once. Offered to give them to him in a public place in Manila but he wouldn't come out because of safety reasons. Always had bodyguards every time he left home.

I remember that I did try to invite him to play pool, either at my place or his since I have a feeling we live near each other... he politely declined.
Who knows, we might have met him... he might have been an ept ph player all the while under the guise of another handle...
..something's wrogn..
naga65
EPT PHI Champ V
EPT PHI Champ V

Next

Return to Non-Pool Related