Missing Pool

Forum for information on the Easy Pool Tutor tournament open to all registered members of EPT currently residing in Manila, Philippines.

Moderator: EPT PHI Committee

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The EPT PHI Committee reserves the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Missing Pool

Postby cebuboy on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Been here in Bohol since July. Haven't found a place with decent pool table. :sick:

The first place the local people brought me to had a nasty smell (I think it was ammonia coming mostly from urine as the wall was their favorite place to release the pressure from their bladders) and the floor was uncemented and uneven. There was even a guy who stuck a syringe in his arm while pretending to urinate in front of their favorite wall. We did stay for a couple of hours though since there was nowhere else to go.

The next place we went to was a dilapidated YMCA-look-a-like building. The table had a lot of electric tape covering the holes and, most likely, holding up the table cloth itself. I felt like crying. I played no more than 3 games as it became apparent skill, not that I have a lot, became non-existent playing in this table. The balls, which looked like rounded cubes, simply have a mind of their own and would just roll wherever they felt like rolling. I resigned to taking pictures of my colleagues, gleefully playing, afterwards.

The third table I played with was in a decent place. Take note, it was the place that was decent. It was in a well-known resort here. The table was less than 9 feet, table cloth was stained (probably beer), and rolled funny. Plus the cue sticks were straightly crooked... that means the crookedness was consistent for all the sticks.

Last table I played with was in an Indian restaurant. One of the slabs of the table had successfully defied gravity, hence the ball would suddenly become lively (the ball jumps when it hits the slightly elevated slab). The place was cramped, too, to complete the picture.

I'm still trying to look for place satiate my desire to play pool but alas! bad luck seems to be my companion for the time being. :dead:
Keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you eat them.
cebuboy
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Re: Missing Pool

Postby BlowFish on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Good luck with your quest... Hope you find one, but I doubt it. :goofy:
My Cues:

Mezz - "Something that is loved, something that is treasured".

"Never interrupt your opponent, when he is making a mistake."
BlowFish
EPT PHI Champ I
EPT PHI Champ I

Postby cebuboy on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:02 am

BlowFish wrote:Good luck with your quest... Hope you find one, but I doubt it. :goofy:

I am, under the circumstances, forced to concur with your sentiments. :(
cebuboy
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby pacman on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:29 am

cebuboy wrote:
BlowFish wrote:Good luck with your quest... Hope you find one, but I doubt it. :goofy:

I am, under the circumstances, forced to concur with your sentiments. :(

hehehehe hey brad! if can't find one then look for a local disc pool as an alternative... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
t0 bE........oR n0t t0 bE.........oR n0t t0 bE...................
iF u DoN't WaNt to ExTiNcT, uNlEaSh YoUr kIlLeR iNsTiNcT!!!!!
pacman
EPT PHI Committee/Champ III
EPT PHI Committee/Champ III

Postby cebuboy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am

I haven't seen that here. Not even sure if the locals know what that is. I guess I'm simply stuck counting the days until I get back to Manila. :dazed:

For those of who are into fiestas, the month of May is the fiesta month of Bohol. Everyday, there's a barangay celebrating their fiesta. My boss (one of the biggest retailer here, among others), says that the sales they generate during this month is topped only by the Christmas season.
cebuboy
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Postby Trisha_silvester on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 pm

All the best for your search of decent place for pool. Hope you will find it someday.
Trisha_silvester
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Return to EPT Tour Philippines