Stopping CB on Break

Submit your practice drills or routines in this forum using the CueTable diagramming tool. This will be a single location for people to find help with drills and practice routines.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Stopping CB on Break

Postby Practice8 on Fri May 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I've been trying to break 8 & 9 ball and have the cb hit the rack bounce back and stop. I 'm having a problem with it. I can do a stop shot on a regular shot no problem. Anybody got any suggestions on a drill or tips?
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Re: Stopping CB on Break

Postby totoy_dimples on Fri May 09, 2008 10:08 pm

You must have a high bridge except whe bridging on the side of the table. When bridging on the table, you must have a closed bridge. When releasing, your cue tip must thrust forward to the middle of the cue ball and then down. You'll not get this easily. A lot of professional players still cannot master the shot but that's what I read from the book Modern Pool. I tried it and it really improved my break specially in 9-balls. :wink:
“Pressure is a word that is misused in our vocabulary. When you start thinking of pressure, it's because you've started to think of failure.”
totoy_dimples
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby Practice8 on Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 pm

Are you aiming slightly elevated downward and then ending up down or level cue and as you follow through finishing down?
Practice8
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Postby BECue on Mon May 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I think you need to hit the 1 ball full too. If you cut it slightly then it will not bounce back and stop.

Also, don't put english on the cue ball hitting just below center. The cueball must not have forward or back spin upon contact with the 1 ball IMO. I think this requires the perfect hit on the cueball combined with the perfect speed.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. - Bruce Lee
BECue
Moderator/Cuemaker
Moderator/Cuemaker

Postby shark on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Try using a forward thrust hitting the cue ball slightly below center.. ofcourse, you must hit the 1ball in full.
shark
EPT PHI Player
EPT PHI Player

Return to Practice Drills and Shots