Same Drill Different Practice

Submit your practice drills or routines in this forum using the CueTable diagramming tool. This will be a single location for people to find help with drills and practice routines.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Same Drill Different Practice

Postby sed26 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:26 pm

I saw this drill in the pool lessons section of this site. It's the basic shot making drill but I thought of different ways to master this drill using different manipulations of the cueball. So after mastering basic shot making with this drill, yesturday I started practicing the draw technique with the same layout for positioning and shotmaking at the same time. Then I experimented with sidespin to try to set up for the next ball in the opposite pocket. With side spin for example, I thought of Shooting ball 5 in pocket A and setting up for ball 4 in pocket B and continuing until u runout the 5 balls. That's too advanced for me right now but I'll work up to it. So if you guys want give it a try and let us know how you do using the different techniques. This all came to mind when I realized in games of 9 ball frequently the 8 ball would be the 5 ball in the diagram and the 9 would be the 3 ball and I practiced shooting the 8 and setting up for the 9.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Practice Drills and Shots