Jennifer Barretta's Drills

Submit your practice drills or routines in this forum using the CueTable diagramming tool. This will be a single location for people to find help with drills and practice routines.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Rule 1: Posts must be in English or have an English translation.
Rule 2: No spamming, trolling, flaming or use of foul, defamatory or abusive language.
Rule 3: Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled immediately.
Rule 4: No advertising of any sort. You may advertise in the Advertising forum only.

The moderators reserve the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in our opinion, violates any of the rules as stated above. Offenders will be warned and may be banned for non-compliance.

Jennifer Barretta's Drills

Postby TheConArtist on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:43 pm

This is the position for both of the drills that I do. At first I'll make the cueball replace the object ball, not just stop it or let it roll forward. This takes a really smooth accurate stroke. When I get it down, usually ten times in a row I'll set up the same shot and draw the cueball back into a scratch. This takes real precision and a very smooth stroke with lots of follow through. When I'm doing both of these consistently I know I'm aligned well

This is one of the most common shots in 9 ball. Try making the 1 ball and hitting each ball down the opposite rail. This will require various amounts of draw and english

This is another great position drill. It teaches you to get anywhere on the table from the same shot. You have to make the cueball hit each ball.

Great drills straight from the professional Womens Billiards Tour Jennifer Barretta. Thanks Jennifer, here is the link to the thread

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthrea ... ght=drills
TheConArtist
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist

Postby VicioiusCycle74 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:22 am

nice drills, I'm a bit of a drill junkie I'll definatly give those a try
VicioiusCycle74
Forum Crusader
Forum Crusader

Postby TheConArtist on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:32 am

yeah they look like some good drills, i am a drilling fool myself and i might incorporate them into my daily routine.
TheConArtist
Forum Catechist
Forum Catechist

Postby twinkle on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:37 am

was wondering in the 1st table what the other balls are for? :roll: :roll: :roll:

great drills by the way... and yes, precision is a big key...
"it's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it!" -john wooden
twinkle
EPT PHI Champ VI
EPT PHI Champ VI

Re: Jennifer Barretta's Drills

Postby Slackyblackie on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:41 pm

hey:) just wondering on ur last drill, are we supposed to pot the balls in running order? how should we go by that drill?
Slackyblackie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby badandy on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 pm

does Jennifer Barretta still play professionaly? i have not seen her name in the rags for quite a while nor have i seen her at valley forge the last 2 years. she had a baby then gone best i can tell.
badandy
Moderator/EPT Writer
Moderator/EPT Writer

Postby pingpongpagong on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 pm

those are some tough ass drills :crazy:
pingpongpagong
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Practice Drills and Shots